11 July, 2007

Rusted Root

I cast on this Rusted Root last Dec (did i just say Last Dec?? yes hehe) and finally I got it done.

This is the longest time I took to knit a top, when I was so excited to cast on, I could not decide on the colours and the type of yarns to use. I tried 5 ply China cotton in dirty yellow and Miami Cotton in olive green, and I just couldn't get the tension/gauge right!


I finally settled with Catania cotton in brick orange, and this is not the end of the story yet, I re-did twice because when I reached the arm, I realise the chest area is too small(30"), although I am making for bust size 36"-39"!!! This is really driving me nutz and I tell myself..dont give up...Seeing my buddies Jollin and Ziyun's rusted root FO does motivate me to pick up my rusted root from the basket again.

So, here I proudly present to you, my version of Rusted Root after so many trials.

Patt - Rusted Root by zephyrstyle
Yarn - 5.5 x 50g/125m Catania 100% Cotton
Needle - Inox 3.75mm/3.5mm


8 comments:

Lily said...

Very nice. Worth all the efforts!

Michelle said...

very very nice!!! every single project always have its own story to tell ^_^

opportunityknits said...

Very cute, definitely worth all the re-dos.

bluey said...

Yeah Finally done. It is very nice.

Dor said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. The colors are great and look so nice on you. I wonder when I will start mine haha

SummerCraftz said...

pretty! finally it's done! 1 less wip

R a i n said...

Very pretty! Looks great on you.

Iris G said...

This is seriously beautiful ;-). Wear it with pride!